Degree of protection The degrees of protection according to IEC60529 apply to various articles and provide information on protection against the intrusion of water and solids such as dust. Degree of protection
- IP65 Fully protects against touch and against the intrusion of dust. Protects against sprayed water (jet) from any angle.
- IP67 Fully protects against touch and against the intrusion of dust. Protects against water intrusion in temporary immersion (depth: 1 m; duration: 30 minutes).
Version The choice of version allows the definition of certain technical specifications – for example the type of cable outlet or the size. Version
- Connector female angled Connector (socket/female) with angled cable outlet.
- Connector female straight Connector (socket/female) with straight cable outlet. Here, the cable runs in mating direction.
- Connector male angled Connector (pin/male) with angled cable outlet.
- Connector male straight Connector (pin/male) with straight cable outlet. Here, the cable is in mating direction.
Installation type Connectors are differentiated by installation type: those that are mounted in a device housing (panel mount) and those that are attached to cables. Installation type
- Cable mounting Connectors with cable already moulded or for self-assembly.
- Housing assembly Connectors that can be mounted to device housings. These can be fixed by means of a locking nut or be screwed in (requires a threaded hole).
Product segment binder areas of application or type of connector. Product segment
- Automation Technology Advancing digitisation and current manufacturing technologies make possible ever smaller and more high-performance elements in the areas of sensor technology and networking. Here, sensor technology means the detection of physical values and their conversion into electric values. These electric values are converted into a digital signal that can be transmitted by means of bus communication to other bus devices. This will make automated production more modular and flexible in the future, with a preference for standardised connectors like the models M8 and M12. The worldwide availability of the connectors and their adaptation to a broad range of applications have already led to numerous versions, e.g. codings.
Termination The termination type determines how cables, single wires or PCBs can be joined with the connector. Termination
- biatec In the binder termination technique, or ‘biatec’, a needle establishes contact with the individual wires
- cable Connectors pre-assembled with a cable, for installation in housings.
- dip-solder The special form of the contacts enables a through-connection on a PCB and automated wave soldering.
- moulded on cable Single wires are assembled and the cable joined with the connector by means of plastics injection moulding.
- screw clamp The wires in a cable are pressed in the contact element radially by means of a screw, establishing the electrical contact.
- single wires Connectors with contacts attached to individual wires ex factory. These can then be connected individually.
- solder The contact and the individual wires of a cable are connected using solder.